Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Pokes are Worth It

In the first week since I've begun monitoring my glucose levels, and changing my whole way of eating, I'm already seeing some success. 

Glucose levels which started off high have tapered down to between normal levels before and after meals. And yesterday, I remained in the target ranges all day (with the exception of the fasting blood glucose---still too high every morning).

So hooray for progress!

It has meant giving up caffiene and (obviously) added sugar. I'm looking at the carbs on everything and convenience cooking is out the window but it does seem to be helping. I've been warned not to get too worried if my glucose levels shoot up again in spite of doing everything I'm supposed to do but so far so good.

Now if I could just get all the stores to hide the Halloween candy....


No comments:

Post a Comment